Saturday, January 12, 2013

Legendary Bass – T-Minus 4 Hours and Counting

All day the only thing I can think about is that later tonight I will be seeing Paul Simonon play bass in person.

Yes, I am one of the lucky thousand who got a ticket to tonight’s sold out performance of Damon Albarn’s latest super-group The Good, The Bad, and The Queen. I am super-excited to be seeing Albarn’s latest, their debut album is fantastic and their tour dates limited.

The real draw for me though is getting to see Paul Simonon play bass live. Paul Simonon formerly of my favorite band of all damn time, The Clash. Paul Simonon once seen smashing a bass on the best damn album cover of all time, London Calling. A chance to see the Paul Simonon is something I never thought would happen in my life and right now it is dominating my thoughts that in a few hours I’ll be standing inches from the man.

Leave it to uber-collaborator Albarn to dust-off one of my all time rock-god heroes and deliver him up performing in my hometown. Man, I can not wait!

While I’ll soon be watching The Good, The Bad, and The Queen live, you get the chance to listen along. NPR’s fantastic live concert series will be broadcasting the show as it happens. To listen to Albarn’s dulcet tones and Simonon’s too-cool-for-school bass lines tune into to NPR at 930 or go to their website for a live feed.

Originally published on March 14, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment