Sunday, January 6, 2013

Smoke Signals

Had my first night on the town since the smoking ban went into effect and I have a few observations.

1. The smoking ban sucks if all of your friends smoke and you don’t. As they go out front for smoke breaks, you are left alone at the table feeling quarantined until they return. I’m gonna have to start bringing my Rubik’s Cube.

2. For smokers, the sidewalk in front of bars is becoming a new pick-up scene. Case in point: Friday night, Cafe Citron hotties and Big Hunt hunks mingling during every smoke-break. Addiction to nicotine bringing two worlds of horny people together. I can only imagine what the scene in Adam’s Morgan must look like.

Prediction: The front window tables at bars will become the hot spot for people-watching, hottie-spotting, and smoker-mocking on weekends.

Originally published on January 7, 2007.

Kicking smokers to the curb has been a god send for asthma sufferers like myself, especially at concerts, although I will always have a very tiny bit of nostalgia for the smoke-filled club days.

No comments:

Post a Comment