Saturday, February 25, 2012

“Never anything to do in this town.”

Thanks to everyone who braved the elements to make it out to “We Fought The Big One” on Friday. I had a blast blowing the roof off Ernesto-style from behind the decks. From the deluge of compliments on my sets I feel pretty safe in saying everyone else had a rip-roaring good time too.

The hit song of the night was definitely when I pulled a Touch And Go surprise with Big Black’s “Kerosene” – much to my surprise that song freaked out about half the attendees most of whom rushed up to the DJ booth to share the fact that they too will be making the trek up to Chicago next weekend for the amazing Touch And Go Records 25th Anniversary Festival.

So now I’m convinced that the DC music geek elite are headed on a giant exodus to Chi-Town for the reunion madness (Big Black, Scratch Acid, Negative Approach, Killdozer, etc.). I know my buddies and I are, and after Friday now know about a slew of DC musicians and DJs who are…so I thought I’d toss it out there – what other DC music lovers will be attending the T&G fest?

Originally published on September 3, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment