Tuesday, June 29, 2010

As If I Picked the Line-Up Myself

The DC music scene is indeed fortunate to have a phenomenal line-up playing the Black Cat’s backstage tonight. I have been waiting for these three bands to play together inside city-limits for three years. Ceremony from Fredericksburg, A Place To Bury Strangers from NYC, and DC’s own Alcian Blue represent the absolute best in new American Shoegazer music and two of the three have made it on my year-end live performances lists (2004 & 2005). In fact for the first concert I’m going to in 2006 this line-up could very well take the cake for best show of the year.

All three bands create perfection through guitar power – to have all three in that tiny backroom playing back to back is almost absurd to imagine – I sure hope the walls are reinforced and the Black Cat have got the roof firmly fastened on, because these three bands are going to do their best to blow it off.

@ the Black Cat backstage
doors at 9
cover $7

(PS- Last time I ran into Jake from AB he promised tons of new material at this show – can’t wait!)

Originally published on February 16, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment