Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cinderella

Of course as fate would have it, our intrepid, old-lady saving, blogger Wayan got to Marx Cafe last night right after my first set finished and he left about 10 minutes before my middle set began at 12:30. Wayan scrambled out of there mumbling something about his carriage turning into a pumpkin and then he took off cartoon style in a big cloud of smoke. We found one glass slipper under his chair, but I’m pretty sure that was just a coincidence.

It’s a shame Wayan had to take off when he did, my second and third sets were monster shoegazer jams that really got people rocking out. Thanks to everyone who made it out (including Wayan), from the DJ booth it looked like you were all having a blast. I know I was.

Originally published on September 3, 2005.

Wayan was another Metroblog writer. He and I never really saw eye to eye on things. He came to check out my DJ set at We Fought The Big One, but never got to hear any of my music because he didn't stay long enough. He posted an article with a picture of me sitting down having a beer between sets and made fun of me a bit. This was my rebuttal.

No comments:

Post a Comment