Saturday, May 29, 2010

Deja Vu?

Guitar mastermind Buckethead is playing at the State Theater in Falls Church tonight. While I am thrilled like a little monkey that just found a whole stash of bananas about this – it does make me take notice that several of the best bands I saw in 2004 have also played in 2005. Added to which they are all putting on such amazing f*cking shows that the are very likely going to end up on my 2005 year-end list.

The enigmatic guitar-god is going to put on one rip-roaring show tonight and just in time for Halloween week too. Of course he’ll be wearing his ever-present KFC-bucket helmet and creepoid “Michael Myers” mask to obscure his identity whilst dazzling the crowd with axe-grinding riffs and warp-speed fret-work.

For a brief summary of BH’s last DC show you can read my review from last year or my year-end recap.

Wednesday October 26
Doors: 7 PM

Showtime 8:30 PM
Tickets: $15

Originally published on October 26, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment