Saturday, May 29, 2010

Friday Night Fun

Two great entertainment options going on in DC tonight.

I don’t know how or why Bob Mould of Husker Du/Sugar fame decided on DC as the city he would retire to, but I’m glad he did. It’s been kind-of fun playing “spot the Mould” at local shows and I hear his occasional DJ night “Blow-Off” is pretty darn tootin’! But then I guess old Bob isn’t completely retired as he’s presently touring to support his latest album “Body of Song.” Tonight our favorite aged rocker transplant resident is playing the 930 Club – so in a sense this is his “hometown” show – wonder if he still gets nervous?

After the show or during it – whichever plan works for you (sorry Bob) – head over to the Marx Cafe on Mt. Pleasant St. for my favorite monthly DJ night “We Fought The Big One”, no guest DJ’s this month so it’ll be all Brandon and Rick disc spinning all-night long!

Originally published on October 7, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment