Saturday, May 29, 2010

Injured Reserve

Was anyone out there cool enough to drive up to B’more for the Acid Mother’s Temple concert last night? If so I’d appreciate a short review in the comments section.

I decided to play old-fart and stayed home when I realized I was just too damn tired to make my 5th ride in 3 weeks up to Baltimore to see another show. Of course now it’s 2 in the morning and I’m regretting it – so any comments from anyone who was at the Ottobar would be appreciated.

I’m sure AMT tore it up as they did when they played there in 2004 – which just happened to be one of the best shows I saw that year.

I’m a tad concerned by my choice to go on IR and not attend this tho – for one it is a reminder that I am mortal (with all the trappings that entails) but it has also cast into doubt some of the future concerts I hope to attend. Will I be dragging my oxygen tank along with me to Front 242 next month? Do you think I’ll get Senior Citizen parking at the Patriot Center when I go to see Depeche Mode there in December?

Originally published on October 20, 2005.

This makes me smile. I am attending more concerts now in 2010 than ever did in my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment