Saturday, May 29, 2010

Out-Gunned, Out-Classed

I took in a ballgame at RFK this afternoon to catch my favorite team the Braves whoop our boys the Nats 4-0. I’ve been pulling for the Nats all season, but I have to say watching the Braves spank them today was embarrassing. It looked like the Nats have lost all their spirit for the season. Once the Braves got up by 4, the Nats just started mailing it in.

The Braves have been my fav team since I was a tyke, but that fact has nothing to do with the following observation. The Braves not only out-played the Nats today, the out-classed them. The Nats looked like a bunch of hung-over old men compared to the Braves rookie squadron. Especially Deivi Cruz on second. The guy looked like he was having an aneurysm or something each time he caught the ball. Like he didn’t know where to throw it when he had it. I am amazed he didn’t have a significant error today.

Ah anyway, I’m glad the Braves won, but I wish the Nats could have put on a little more of a showing.

Originally published on September 11, 2005.

For the records I became a NAts fan once they fired manager Manny Acta.

No comments:

Post a Comment