Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Saturday

What are your options when you have more party in you than DC can possibly handle?

Why, set-out on an impromtu 4am trip to Atlantic City of course.

Saturday afternoon: The guys and I go see the gloriously gross “The Devil’s Rejects” at Hoffman Center. Appetites wet for blood, we take in a fine meal of Bison at Ted’s Montana Grill across from the theater. I had the 10oz Bison Prime Rib which they only serve on Friday and Saturday. It was quite tasty, as were the green-beans which I consider the best side-dish in the area.

After dinner we hang-out at my house to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the DPD Project (our little music project that has grown into a monster). After listening to our anniversary mix-cd, we headed into DC to drink at the Fox & Hounds (the bar the project was born in).

We enjoyed a low-key evening there with our favorite waitress but last-call was forced upon us way-before we were ready to call it a night. Hence the problem posed at the beginning of this entry.

What do you do in DC at 3:30am when you still want to party and all the bars are closed?

Our solution was to drive to Atlantic City. A short trip to 7-11 for supplies and we were off.

So there I was at 4am, my buddies asleep in the car and me driving up 95N, music blaring, AC glitter my goal.

Originally published on July 26, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment