Sunday, May 23, 2010

Execute Order 66 (Mild Spoilers)

Ah man. Revenge of the Sith. So good, so very good. So worth the wait to see it first at the Uptown. The Opening space battle - awesome, awe-inspiring, the way battles in space should look. A new standard. Mace Windu's final sequence - so friggin great (probably my favorite part unless you consider...) Yoda and the Emperor rising out of the fucking floor dueling with the score pumping full on. - Holy shit. But really, that's the tip of the iceberg. So much I loved. The movie looked great, the score works so well. Shit, the Padme scoring is fucking heartbreaking in some scenes (which more than made up for her flat-acting). Oh yeah - Obi-Wan jumping down to face Grievous! Ah hahahahaha. I love it. My inner child is overjoyed. I have been imaging some of these scenes since I was seven years old. Order 66 - shit, we all knew it was coming. The Emperor rules. Yoda rocks. Mace Windu, shit even the Jedi who have no names. Everyone got a moment to shine in this. Everyone keeps commenting on the web that this is the end. It's over, Star Wars is over. But shit, look at the potential for digital story-telling this movie has shown. This and movies like Sin City and LOTR should be inspiring imaginations. Lucas and Jackson aren't the only ones who can pull it off. God damn that opening Space Battle was so amazing. Everything looked so good, I don't have the words to do it justice. I have to go to bed so I can wake up and go see it again tomorrow. Damn.

Originally posted May 20, 2005 on Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment