Monday, May 24, 2010

Shhhhhh!

I’m sure that my legion of faithful readers has noticed by now that I haven’t posted about many area rock concerts lately. The reason why is that there simply aren’t many shows that have sparked my interest in DC in a while.

Much like a plant needs precious sunlight to thrive, I react similarly to loud music and stage lights so the last month of no shows has been especially draining. Thankfully there are a few exciting shows on the horizon, but they haven’t gone on sale yet, so keep them under your hat til the day after they do.

DEVO will be playing the 930 Club two nights in August (13th & 14th)!
SIGUR ROS will be playing the Music Center at Strathmore on September 11!

And of course there’s that Dinosaur Jr. reunion but I’m still debating if it’s worth the 30 bucks or not.

Originally published on June 6, 2005.

I was poor and paying for school, so it was a lot harder to afford shows. I actually missed all three of the shows I mentioned in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment