Sunday, May 23, 2010

Splatter

I've got images of violence, decapitation, border crossings, Aruba, shark attacks, and roadside bombs going thru my head.

Thoughts of poetry and coup de tat. I've got history and errands and Rice Krispies up there too.

Writer's block and report reading and humidty and the heat index
Fajitas and machine-gun bullet straps
The Hell's Angels
Ginsberg and Kipling arm-wrestling.
Insomina and "Where Eagles Dare" by the Misfits.

Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, State Troopers, Father and Son Al Queda Kill Squads.

I've got a head full of dirt.

I've got too many scenes to revise, to many songs to choose from.

I've got beer but I don't wanna drink.
I've got school in the morning.
Music and music and more music.

I've got Marylin Monroe crying and a head in a pillowcase.

I'm standing in the Toronto Airport with blood covered clothes and "You can't do this, I'm an American!" running through my head.

Originally published on June 9, 2005.

More of my poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment