Friday, May 21, 2010

Komo Sambe King Kong!

Aw yeah. It's a well known fact that I am a sucker for Giant Monster Movies. Godzilla of course being my fav. However King Kong ranks right up there for me too. I've been looking forward to Peter Jackson's remake with quiet optimism. I want this movie to be great, I really want it to be perfect. However, I have been a little reserved about Jackson as the choice to direct it. Well, all that reservation and quiet hope ends today. I am officially super-fucking excited. Why you ask? I guess I had reservations about Jackson because I didn't know his take on Kong. Was he going to make this too serious or was he going to embrace the Giant Monster Geek within? Well this weekend it was announced that Jackson is actually making a Kong Trilogy! Yes, you are reading that correctly. A fucking trilogy! And even better. Kong will fight genetically-mutated Nazi Super-creatures in the second movie! Seriously. Kong versus a gang of giant Nazi Mutants. OMG. This is some of the weirdest, coolest frickin' geek movie news that I think I have ever heard. If they really do this trilogy and it really does have massive (Nazi)monster battles done with today's S/FX this could be the greatest Giant Monster stuff ever put to film. OMG...Nazi Monsters. (Josh, where are you when I need you?)

Originally posted April 4, 2005 on Myspace.

Yeah, Mr. Jackson. Whatever happened to this alleged trilogy of Kong films?

No comments:

Post a Comment