Friday, May 21, 2010

A Great Weekend in DC

Every once in a while I have one of those great weekends that make me love living in Washington DC. A great couple of nights with my best friends, out on the town and really living it up.

Thursday night was a great warm up at the Big Hunt in Dupont Circle. The fellas and I took advantage of the Red Hook specials and rocked the place out with internet jukebox picks all night. (PS- We are still wondering why the CityPaper failed to interview us for their Jukebox Heroes article.)

Friday night we met for a little low-key drinking at Toledo Lounge in Adam’s Morgan and ended up showing a gang of new-to-DC types how to party in true DC-style. The night led up the street to Asylum where we re-enacted that drinking scene from “Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels.” Of course a famous 18th Street Big Slice of Pizza had to round out the night.

Saturday we put on our dancing shoes and headed out to The Edge in South East for their ever-growing Goth/Industrial Saturday event called Chiaroscuro. I cut the rug all night with my special lady and then the gang and I all shot over to El Tamarindo for some 3AM burritos. Where of course we ran into 2 other groups of familiar faces also finishing their nights at the best after hours dining spot in the District.

In all a great weekend out in DC to remind me what a fun f*cking city I’m so lucky to live in.

Originally published on February 14, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment