Friday, May 21, 2010

Stiff Little Fingers @ the Black Cat this Wednesday

I know, I know. You’re probably going through the same decision making process that I always do whenever a ’77 punk band does a reunion tour. Should I stay or should I go?

You wonder if they’ll be up to their old fury and fight or if they’ll just be a bunch of old codgers going through the motions. These days it seems like just about every old Punk act has been doing the reunion thing and if you play the odds you assume the one time you go out to see one it’ll be of the guitarist in a wheelchair variety rather than the amazing energetic thing a punk show should be.

Well, I can attest that tomorrow’s Stiff Little Fingers show is going to rule the known universe. Back in January I saw them open for the Dropkick Murphy’s, one of the bands they inspired, and the old Irish punks put up one helluva fight. Outside of Joe Strummer, I haven’t seen any of the old punks as happy to be touring again as Stiff Little Fingers. It’s going to be a great show.

$15 @ The Black Cat doors at 8:30

Originally published on August 17, 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment