Friday, May 21, 2010

Tweez me out of Spiderland

I’m pretty sure every cool kid in the District knows who is playing at the 9:30 Club this fine Tuesday night. But for the few of you who are still shaking off that Black Cat bender I just thought I’d put up a reminder.

The SLINT reunion tour makes its DC stop tonight. That’s right SLINT!

Fathers of Post-Rock? I think it’s safe to call them that, even though they were only like 17 years old back when they conceived it.

It’s just going to be the mumbly/whispered vocal-iest, quiet/loud guitar-iest, awesome-iest, kick-ass-iest reunion show to blow through here since what?

New Model Army (all of two weeks ago). And oh what’s that? Wedding Present in a month or Gang of Four in two?

Damn DC, 2005 has been quite the fortunate year for amazing reunions thus far. I try to keep y’all up to speed.

Take my word for it, you don’t want to miss this one!

SLINT @ 9:30 Club
cover $25

Originally published on March 22, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment