Friday, May 21, 2010

True Sounds of Liberty

I’m being shanghai’d out of town for my Bachelor Party this weekend, but for those poor saps who’ll be stuck in DC – fear not for your entertainment has arrived!

That’s right, T.S.O.L. are playing the Black Cat on Sunday night for a mere 12 bucks.

This show is part of their second reunion tour. The first one was 10 years ago and by all accounts kicked butt big-time.

I’ve always had a special place in my heart reserved for these guys. Part of the first wave of Cali-punk in the early 80’s, T.S.O.L. never shyed away from experimenting and expanding their sound. In fact their most-experimental album Beneath the Shadows is probably my favorite. You can hear samples and watch video of several of their punk classics here.

Who knows, if my buds and I make bail and get back to DC in time Sunday night, maybe some of you will see me at the show. I’ll be the big guy shouting requests for “Glass Streets” and “Walk Alone.”

Originally published on April 1, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment